The ReadiDrop™ 7-aminoactinomycin D (7-AAD) cell viability assay is designed as a ready-to-use 7-AAD solution, which binds double-stranded DNA with a high-affinity intercalation between GC base pairs.
The assay removes the traditional manual weighing, pipetting, and dilution steps when using commonly available cell viability dyes in flow cytometry experiments. Simply add 1 or 2 drops of the cell viability assay to assess the health of your cells.
Key Benefits of the ReadiDrop 7-AAD Cell Viability Dye
- Ideal for cell sorting — fluorescent molecules are suspended in PBS without preservatives
- Stable at room temperature — keep a bottle of ReadiDrop 7-AAD cell viability assay by your cell sorter or cell analyzer for easy access
- No more weighing, pipetting, and diluting — ready-to-use solution gives 1 µg/ml as the final concentration
Features of the ReadiDrop 7-AAD Cell Viability Dye
- Fluorophore Properties
- Excitation maximum: 548 nm
- Emission maximum: 648 nm
- Optimal excitation laser: 561 nm or 488 nm