The S3e Cell Sorter is the first truly walk-away automated cell sorter. Real-time monitoring and smart features make cell sorting easier and accessible to both novices and experts.
This compact system is equipped with either one to three lasers and up to four fluorescence detectors plus forward- and side-scatter detectors.
Features and Benefits of the S3e Cell Sorter
- Hands-free nozzle tip alignment — features the fully automatic AutoGimbal System, driven completely by software
- Simplified instrument setup — fully automated drop delay calculation, stream alignment, and droplet break-off monitoring enable precise 1–4 color sorting with minimal training
- Compact design — dimensions of only 70 × 65 × 65 cm (2.3 × 2.1 × 2.1 ft) including onboard fluidics and temperature control system
- 2-way cell sorting — sort two different defined populations at the same time
- High speed and high purity — sort cells fast while maintaining high sensitivity and purity
- Intuitive interface — user-friendly ProSort™ Software enables effortless instrument control and sort logic definition
Among the many innovations of the S3e Cell Sorter, two key state-of-the-art advancements are ProDrop Technology and the AutoGimbal System:
ProDrop Technology produces extremely accurate and precise results by:
- Automating drop delay calculation and droplet break-off monitoring
- Allowing drop delay calculation through direct counting of bead events
- Simplifying one of the most complex and error-prone aspects of cell sorting
The highly sophisticated AutoGimbal System automates alignment of the nozzle tip and stream to optics by:
- Providing hands-free alignment at all points on the stream and consistency in stream position from day to day and user to user
- Combining picomotor fine motion positioning, imaging, and response to software algorithms using camera images
The affordable S3e Cell Sorter provides exceptional sort purity, recovery, and yield without compromising performance and sensitivity.
The system is ideal for sorting cells expressing fluorescent proteins such as eGFP, DsRed, and mCherry, or for cells labeled with fluorescent markers such as antibodies labeled with PE, PE tandems, and other fluorophores excited by the 405, 488, 561, and 640 nm lasers.