The fast, non-toxic, simple, and reliable cell proliferation and viability reagent
alamarBlue is a cell proliferation assay that provides a rapid, sensitive, and economical way to quantitatively measure cell proliferation and cytotoxicity in various human and animal cell lines. It can also be used to study mycobacteria, bacteria, and fungi.
Why Use alamarBlue?
Very popular alamarBlue is a preferred alternative to other cell proliferation assays (for instance MTT, XTT, 3H Thymidine, or neutral red).
Try alamarBlue to get the results you need:
- Reliable: highly referenced for cytotoxicity and viability assays
- High Sensitivity: detects as few as 50 cells
- Non-toxic: alamarBlue does not kill cells and is safe to the user and the environment
- Simple: water soluble, just add and measure the formula in cell cultures
- Flexible: colorimetric and fluorometric detection, for both suspended and attached cell lines
- Scalable: effortless scale up for high throughput assays
- Stable: proprietary buffering agents ensures alamarBlue is suitable for time course studies
- Economical: no cell lysis allows cells to be cultured for subsequent assays