- Chromocyte Explained
- Flow Cytometry Instrument and Fluorophore Profile Survey
- Sponsors' Wall
- Financial Support and Awards
- Terms and Conditions
- Information for Sponsors
- Contact Us
- What do you think?
- Shared Resource / Core Facility Management Area
- Generate a Bespoke Fluorophore Compatibility Poster
- Top Tip #1
- Press Releases
Shared Resource Management Area
Our ‘Shared Resource Management Area’ which allows Users to configure the instruments in their Facility and make these configurations available to others.
Although the guiding principle of Chromocyte has always been (and remains!) to encourage a better understanding of flow cytometry principles and practice (included in which is fostering a better appreciation of instrument configurations and set up), we have received a lot of feedback to suggest that it would be better if there was an option for instrument configuration to be undertaken ‘centrally’.
The process is simple:
- Log On or Register with Chromocyte
- If you have not already done so, configure your instruments and save them to your account
- Go to Your Account >> Facility Management (on the left of the page) and complete the form to create a Core Facility
- Chromocyte will activate the facility
Individuals that already have configured instruments in their account do not have to go through this process again. Each account can contain multiple instruments and / or multiple configurations of the same instrument. You just need to give these instruments different names.
The system automatically generates a poster as a .pdf file which can be displayed in the Facility and circulated to its Users. The poster includes a dedicated QR code and also URL, both of which direct Users to a new part of CALCULATE which lists the instruments that are in their Facility. Once selected, Users are then directed to Stage 4 of CALCULATE to begin their search. The new feature therefore removes the need for the User to input instrument configuration details.
We hope that those of you that direct Core Facilities will take advantage of this new functionality and those of you that use a facility will encourage your Core Facility Director to use it.
As always, we are very happy to receive comments and suggestions.