- Chromocyte Explained
- Flow Cytometry Instrument and Fluorophore Profile Survey
- Sponsors' Wall
- Financial Support and Awards
- Terms and Conditions
- Information for Sponsors
- Contact Us
- What do you think?
- Shared Resource / Core Facility Management Area
- Generate a Bespoke Fluorophore Compatibility Poster
- Top Tip #1
- Press Releases
The information which we collect
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information which you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you registered to access features and information.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website to our advertisers/sponsors. Such information will not identify you personally; it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. These statistical data do not identify any personal details whatsoever.
Similarly to the above, we may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. When used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
Use of your information
The information which we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. We may also use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services. To provide information on other products/services which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
If you are an existing user, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were of interest to you previously.
Further, we may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented at the time your information was collected.
If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
If you do not want us to use your data for our or third parties you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
Storing your personal data
Data that are provided to us are stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Disclosing your information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any).
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
Third party links
You will find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Access to Information